Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Write a review
- 1 cup Wild Rice (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Celery Stock (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, oil and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the onion, celery and carrot in butter until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in broth, undrained rice, & chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in the cream, rosemary, thyme, onion powder, pepper and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Whimsical Penguin http://www.thewhimsicalpenguin.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
I am a loving wife, mother, photographer, personal trainer, and blogger! I love animals, sewing/crafts, dancing, and watching movies. I blog about DIY crafts, fitness, recipes, and more! If I'm not writing a post or taking/editing photos I am probably playing with my dog, Nala, or having fun with family!